We welcome writers in all stages of the writing journey, both published and unpublished.
Memberships are from January 1 through December 31. We also offer a pay-as-you-go option for webinars and quarterly meetings.
CCWF Membership Benefits
- Meetings and Events
- Online meetings quarterly with teaching, fellowship and networking opportunities
- Webinars throughout the calendar year
- Discounts on CCWF conferences (Next conference, Fall 2021)
- Online meetings are recorded and stored in the member’s area
- Participation in Smaller Writing Communities
- Critique Groups
- Peer Support Groups
- Promotional and Publishing Opportunities
- Entry in public members directory with bio and links to your website and social media
- Guest Post to CCWF website (bio box with links to your site and social media)
- Submit an entry for the annual anthology (publishing credits)
- Other Benefits
- Special members-only communication on events and opportunities
- Submit prayer requests related to writing
- Volunteer for positions that train you in the business of writing
- 2021 members badge for your website
Memberships renew each January.
New this year, we offer several options for membership.
- Full Membership ($49): All benefits are free to members.
- Webinars Only ($39): Just want to learn about the craft and business of writing? We hold webinars throughout the year, with a minimum of 4 each year.
- Discounted Full Membership ($29): Serve your fellow writers while saving money by volunteering and receive a discounted Full Membership. We decided to offer this option because we know a lot of people are hurting financially. And we could use the help. A win/win. This nonprofit is being fueled by the Board of Directors. We would really appreciate some people choosing this option to help share the load. Click on gray boxes below to see the opportunities we currently have for year round and shorter-term opportunities related to our upcoming conference.
Volunteer Opportunities Year Round (Click to see the list of opportunities)
Except for the Secretary position, each of these areas is managed by a Board Member. Your role would be to assist in the area you choose to the degree you are able. Johnese and Sarah are really good at planning ahead so there is very little pressure in these roles. You would simply help keep our organization running smoothly while sharing the load. All of these activities will help you run your own website or writing business.
You will choose preferences during the registration process if you choose the Full Membership + Volunteer option. Time commitment averages about an hour a month.
Secretary (Board Level Position, supported by two other board members) – Answers emails, takes Board Meeting minutes, schedules and helps facilitates events, participates in determining direction of CCWF.
Facebook Party Assistant (fiction and/or nonfiction events) – Works with Board on hosting at least one Facebook party per quarter (excluding Fall, 2021 due to conference). [works with President]
Membership Administrator – Answers membership-related emails, makes sure members are properly identified in our system (mostly automated now), support VP as needed for smaller writing communities. [works with Vice President]
Speaker Coordinator – Helps identify and contact speakers for events. [works with President]
Support for Publishing Anthology – Support efforts to collect material, edit and publish a book. Great experience if you plan to self-publish. [works with VP]
Newsletter/Blog Copy Writer – Compiles content for newsletter. Most work can be done weeks in advance so this is great for someone who has an odd schedule. Helps with content on the website. [works with VP]
Hospitality – Supports member care. This position is being developed with our new reality of being online a lot. If you have a vision for this, please join. [works with VP]
Tech Support/Website Help – Helps update and maintain the CCWF main site and community/membership site. [works with tech support]
Volunteer Opportunities – Conference Related (click to see the list of opportunities)
We plan to have an online conference in the fall of 2021. The majority of the work will be done in advance as everything will be prerecorded. Like the positions listed above, these positions are managed by Board Members. You will have full support and direction as you help make this conference a reality. Sarah and Johnese plan things well in advance so if you stick to the timeline, these are low pressure positions. Many of these skills transfer to your own writing business.
You will choose preferences during the registration process if you choose the Full Membership + Volunteer option. Time commitment averages about an hour a month for the year, but these hours will be condensed into a 3-4 month period leading up to the conference.
Speaker Coordinator – Work with Board to help identify potential speakers. Contact prospects, schedule those who accept and manage communication with speakers.
Marketing Lead – Manage marketing efforts and additional volunteers (see next three positions). This year, marketing will include creating swipe copy for speakers to use, posting info to local bulletin boards and other media outlets, social media campaigns and possibly an affiliate program.
Social Media Assistant – Produce and post social media content. Works with Marketing Lead.
Affiliate Manager – Manage an affiliate program, most likely for speakers only. Works with Marketing Lead.
Copywriter for conference materials – Write email sequences, swipe copy for affiliates and promo copy. Works with Marketing Lead.
Tech Support – Help set up the website area for conference including speaker pages, affiliate area, structural logic for events and integrations with email. Training provided. Great experience for anyone planning to do a summit or conference online in the future. Works with CCWF Tech Support.
Conference Treasurer – Works with the CCWF Treasurer to keep track of financials.
Video Editor/Recorder – Add intros and outros to speaker videos. Assist with video interviews as needed.
Vendor/Sponsor/Swag Bag Coordinator – Contact potential vendors and sponsors. Manage submission of logos and other material provided by same. Collect material for Vendor area and Swag Bag if we decide to use one.
Other membership options:
- Family Membership ($29): Full Membership benefits. Up to 2 additional family members living at the same address can get this discount with one paid Full Membership. Please contact us to take advantage of this offer.
- Student Membership ($29): Full Membership benefits. Up to age 25. Must provide birth year and school attending. Please contact us to take advantage of this offer.
- For nonmembers we offer a pay-as-you-go option where quarterly meetings are $15 and webinars are $10. Sign up for our newsletter to receive meeting notices with links to sign up.
Choose your option below to join now: